A leaner and greener handyman service designed to help you and/or your business respond to changes in environmental legislation and achieve green objectives.
Green Lite is a public transport/ cycle or on-foot handyman service, designed to reduce the emissions created by driving a van when not completely necessary. Your handyman will carry a full but not exhaustive range of tools; cordless drill, fixings for solid and hollow walls, white & clear silicone, acrylic and gypsum filler, picture hooks etc. As such, our service is well prepared for the completion of many routine handyman tasks. We are always willing to use tools and materials that you may have on site, should that better facilitate your project.
We can still complete a huge range of different small jobs.
Some common requests include;
- Installing pre-cut shelving and wall units (client supplies)
- Replacing and installing standard locks
- Hanging curtain rails and blinds (ladders may need to be provided)
- Hanging Pictures
- Assembly of flat packs
- Minor ‘non-certifiable’ electrical fitting replacement
- Simple plumbing repairs which do not require the mains supply to be cut off
- Repair and replacement of standard locks and door handles (Yale, Euro-cylinder, Mortice etc)
- Repairs to kitchen unit runners and hinges etc.
- Minor plaster repairs and crack filling
Green Lite – does not include any of the following
- Silicone seal replacement
- Door hanging
- Building, structural or ground works
- Pest control or proofing measures
In general we are pleased to help with a wide range of jobs outside of the above or where additional hands are required, such as packing, archiving, cleaning, setting up exhibition stands and promotional materials. Any work at height or which may present obvious health and safety risks, would be subject to provision of suitable safety equipment and hazard assessment.
Prices and Bookings
The Really handy Co offers its ‘Green Lite‘ service with a minimum 4 hr booking slot charged at £155 (added time charged at £40/hr, £280 – full day 8 hrs 10 am-6 pm). No Congestion Charge, parking costs or VAT are added. Booking slots can be organised throughout North West and Central London. Our Green Lite service is expected to be particularly attractive to those based in areas such as Marylebone, Mayfair, SoHo, Victoria, Westminster, City of London, Knightsbridge and Kensington – where clients are keen to pursue goals of good environmental stewardship and where the additional costs of parking and Congestion Charge drive up maintenance costs. Please also visit ‘Prices and Booking’ on the main menu for general terms of business etc.
We may be able to help with larger projects – but this would require special planning. If you’re not sure, please provide an outline via our contact form and we will let you know.